Head Sommelier, Florian David, introduced Constance Halaveli guests to the wines of Jean-Marc Lafont at a special wine dinner on 11 January.
Following in a family tradition that goes back many generations, Annick and Jean-Marc Lafont have been crafting exceptional, highly expressive Burgundy wines since 1985.
Set in the beautiful Ardières valley, Lafont has a deep respect for the environment with the steep slopes meaning that much of the care and harvesting of the grapes must be done by hand.
His winemaking method is also traditional with each terroir vinified in low capacity vats which he believes helps create wines that are consistent and true to type.
These elegant wines are then racked and matured slowly in oak to promote the distinctive flavours and aromas of each terroir.
Last weekend, Halaveli celebrated the wines of Jean-Marc Lafont with a wine dinner at the beautiful Jing restaurant, pairing them with a menu specially created by executive chef Jordi Vila.
Highlights of the dinner included:
- Asian hot dog served with crush peanut and miso mayonnaise paired with Crémant de Bourgogne ‘Blanc de Blancs’
- Reef fish ceviche with lime sponge, coriander crisps and apple confit paired with Pouilly-Fuissé 2012
- Maldivian tuna with avocado, seaweed and grilled cucumber paired with Fleurie ‘Granits Roses’ 2012
- Marinated duck breast with beetroot puree, parmesan polenta, raspberry cream and a red wine jus paired with Brouilly ‘Gorge de Loup’ 2011
- Lemongrass panacotta with gulab jamun, cardamom, banana and lemon paired with ‘Les Galopines’ Viognier 2012
- Find out more about Constance Halaveli on our website
- Discover more about the wines of Jean-Marc Lafont.