What’s the best piece of honeymoon advice you’ve ever been given?
We asked our Twitter followers what they felt the best honeymoon tips and advice for newly-weds was – and some experts in honeymoons and people who have already had their honeymoons offered their advice.
As experts in providing luxury honeymoons in Mauritius, the Maldives, Madagascar and the Seychelles ourselves, we’ve also given you some of our top tips for planning your dream honeymoon in an earlier blog post.
We’d love to hear which bits of advice below you think are most pertinent – and why not leave a comment with your own tips and advice for people planning their once-in-a-lifetime luxury honeymoon?
@Amanda_Statham on Twitter said:
- always catch sunset (most romantic part of day)
- get your luggage delivered to your hotel
- tell everyone you meet you’re honeymooners (you’ll get great service and freebies)
- don’t get badly burnt on 1st day (it’s not sexy!)
- Use a honeymoon gift list and let your friends and family contibute towards the cost of your honeymoon,” while @thehoneymoonpro suggest you should “start off by deciding on your budget – the last thing you want to do is worry about money on your honeymoon.
All great advice. @TurquoiseUK’s top tip was:
- Decide on your honeymoon together! Make sure it’s what both of you are looking for.
Building on this theme, @joyologie suggests the following:
- The one thing I always tell my couples is to really go someplace the two of you have never been before — make it a completely new experience for both of you. That way it’s a special place and has special meaning for both the bride and groom, without the bride being able to also say she was there prior to the honeymoon. I also say, you only have one honeymoon, so make it count. Go someplace you really want to go and figure out how to get there. And that includes hotels as well. Pamper yourself. Maybe on future trips together you don’t need to spend so much, but it’s a honeymoon — go big!
Here at Constance Hotels Experience, we couldn’t agree more, @joyolgoie.
@MBDP_Tawsha on Twitter collected the following advice for honeymooners:
- Do exactly what you want! That is the only thing about a wedging that is strictly just about the two of you.
- Go big! Make your guests at the wedding eat finger foods instead of a 5 course meal if it’ll get you someplace fantastic for your honeymoon :)
And this pearl from @pugetsounddj: “Tradition shows it’s good luck to bring your DJ…”
@lexirob who didn’t manage to take a honeymoon at all told @MBDP_Tawsha:
- Take one, even if it’s not a week long, tropical destination. Go somewhere together and enjoy your time! We never got to :(
Last but not least, @NickSavageIMT on Twitter said: “Stay at the Le Prince Maurice – thats all you need to do.”
Ah, thanks Nick – we couldn’t agree more, although we’re a little biased, it’s true.
What do you think the most important tip for prospective honeymooners is? Leave a comment below.