With his passion for wine, our head sommelier at Constance Halaveli, Florian David, shares his 3 top tips for what to drink in the warm sunshine of the Maldives.
1. Match the rosy glow of the sun sinking into the Indian Ocean and put a touch of sparkle into your sunset aperitif with a delicate glass of Champagne Deutz Brut Rosé.
2. Refresh your palate after a long luxurious day in the sun with the surprising Sequillo White 2011 from Eben Sadie in Swartland, the most dynamic region of South Africa. This is a wine full of flavours but always sharp.
3. Match the warm, spicy flavours of Maldivian cuisine with the elegant fruitiness of an amazing Condrieu “Terrasses de l’Empire” 2008 du domaine Georges Vernay from the Rhone Valley in France.
Tour the wine cellar at Halaveli
And don’t forget, our wine cellar is full of treasures for you to discover. Our sommelier team is always on hand to introduce you to wonderful new wines and help you to find the perfect food to pair them with.
Hope to see you here soon,
- Find out more about our wine philosophy at Constance Hotels & Resorts
- Discover more about wine tasting in Halaveli
- Find out about gastronomy holidays in the Indian Ocean.