Constance Hotels Experience is furthering its commitment to the environment by
enhancing conservation of Biodiversity at Port Launay next to the Constance Ephelia Resort in the Seychelles.
In partnership with Sustainability of Seychelles (S4S), we have submitted a full project proposal with the aim of:
- Taking pro-active measures to improve the coordinated management of the fragile mangrove ecosystem adjacent to the Constance Ephelia Resort site
- To start looking at co-management of other adjacent natural areas such as the resort grounds and Port Launay Marine Park
The project has three main objectives and these are to:
- Enhance collaboration between the resort and community partners for conservation of the natural areas adjacent to the resort
- Improve conservation management of the mangrove swamp in Port Launay
- Raise awareness of our resort team members, clienteles and community on the importance of the natural areas adjacent to the resort and how to protect them.
We hope the above project will lead to greater awareness of biodiversity conservation issues amongst our resort team members, clients of our resorts and the local community.
The aim is that all visitors and residents increase their participation in actions that will contribute to the improvement of biodiversity conservation in the resort and surrounding area.