Enrico Bernardo, named Best Sommelier in the World in 2004, was on this year’s Jury for the 7th edition of the Culinary Festival Bernard Loiseau.
While in Mauritius, Enrico took the opportunity to talk to our sommeliers about his work. A real inspiration to the team, he talked about his earlier career as a chef and how it led him to become a sommelier.
‘Anyone can become a sommelier. You have to want to learn - above all about appellations, terroirs and the history of the country.’
This is a humble man who has passed his dream and passion for his work onto our sommeliers.
Enrico Bernardo’s rise to success as a world class sommelier
- 1993 – Best Young Chef in Europe
- 1995 – Prix Master de Port Italie
- 1996 et 1997 – Best Sommelier in Lombardy
- 1996 et 1997 – Best Sommelier in Italy
- 1998 et 2000 – Second in Best Sommelier in Europe
- 2002 – Best Sommelier in Europe
- 2004 – Best Sommelier in the World