We’re looking forward to the arrival of the much anticipated Champagne Salon 2002 next week. With the Indian Ocean launch of this superb Champagne at Constance Halaveli and Constance Moofushi next week, we have some very special events lined up in the Maldives.
This world-famous, critically acclaimed Champagne is special because it is born from a single grape variety (Chardonnay), a single terroir (the Côte des Blancs) and a single cru village (Le Mesnil-sur-Oger).
Champagne Salon 2002 is only the 38th vintage released under the Champagne Salon label in the last 90 years and is the very first Champagne Salon vintage of the 21st Century.
This is because at Champagne Salon they only produce their Champagne when all the conditions are perfect and the grapes are at their very best, something which fortunately happened in 2002.
Champagne Salon was first created by Eugène Aimé Salon at the beginning of the 20th Century to prove that Chardonnay grapes from Le Mesnil-sur-Oger could produce an elegant Champagne without the need to add Pinot Noir or Pinot Meunier.
After Eugène’s death in 1943 the company was passed onto his sister and later sold to Laurent-Perrier in 1989 when it became part of the combined Salon-Delamotte house.
To celebrate the honour of Constance Halaveli and Constance Moofushi being chosen as the place to launch the vintage to the Indian Ocean and Africa we will be joined by the Director of Salon & Delamotte, Didier Depond.
Together we will be hosting two exclusive champagne dinners.
On 4 May a Champagne Salon launch dinner will be held at Jing, Constance Halaveli
- Marinated sea bass with curry oil, coriander sponge, apple & lime Original chenin blanc 2013
- Seared scallops with fennel puree, pear & ginger Old vine chenin blanc 2012
- Grilled tuna with purple broccoli, smoked avocado cream, red berry vinegar blaze
- Dolomite cabernet franc 2012
- Pan-seared duck breast with mushroom tart, pickled blue cheese, coffee jus Family cabernet franc 2010
- Chocolate balloon with chocolat mousse & chocolat Croquant Red jasper 2012
On 7 May Didier Depond will host an exclusive champagne dinner at Alizée, Constance Moofushi.
- Gazpacho of Red Pimento, Lobster, Eggplant Confit Delamotte Blanc de Blanc N/V (France)
- Baked Job Fish, Mango Barbecue Sauce ‘S’ Salon Blanc de Blanc 2002 (France)
- Grilled Angus Beef fillet, Beef Cheek Meza Luna, Wilted Kale Tiano & Moreno Malbec 2010 (Argentina)
- Milk Chocolate Parfait, Raspberry Trifle Delamotte Rose N/V (France)
Find out more
- Visit our website to read more about Constance Halaveli and Constance Moofushi or to make a booking.