Sharks have long held a fascination for divers, and at Constance Moofushi we offer guests the opportunity to learn much more about these majestic creatures.
Diving with sharks at Constance Moofushi
What you’ll learn
On our PADI shark speciality course, Moofushi’s shark specialist Valentina will teach you about their behaviour, their group relationships and their eco-system.
You then have the chance to go on 2 shark dives where you’ll encounter these creatures in their natural environment.
Rare ocean species at Moofushi
At Moofushi – situated on the South Ari Atoll in the Maldives -we are lucky enough to be on the migration route of many rare ocean species including whale sharks, the gentle giants of the sea.
This shark diving course is run at our Blue Tribe Diving Centre and guests who complete the course will receive a PADI shark diver certification card as well as books and materials used during the course.
Find out more
For more information about the resort, visit our Constance Moofushi website or read our article about protecting sharks at Moofushi.
Also, take a look at the Dive the world website to learn about shark diving in the Maldives and Shark Diver Magazine online.
Constance Halaveli and Constance Moofushi have been named as top luxury resorts in the Maldives by A Luxury Travel Blog this month.
Constance Halaveli, Maldives
‘Sparkling with a thoroughly-deserved 6* reputation, the Constance Halaveli Resort is tucked away in its own private hideaway, perfect for a romantic getaway or a relaxing family holiday…
…Casual elegance is what Constance Moofushi Resort is all about. Deliberately veering away from what’s fashionable in favour of a more timeless, natural luxury, the resulting atmosphere here is peaceful and relaxed: wander around shoeless between your villa and the stunning beach and surroundings, or relax on your private hammock.’
Read more of the article ‘The Top 3 Luxury Resorts in the Maldives’ by Alexandra Matts on A Luxury Travel Blog.
Find out more about Constance Halaveli and Constance Moofushi on our website.
At Constance Moofushi we’ve organised a rare treat for gourmet travellers next month, when our Head Sommelier Romain Sauzier and Chef Ahmed Boukraa team up with premium Italian wine producer Antinori to create a one-off wine pairing dinner.
Antinori wine dinner at Moofushi
Antinori director Stefano Leone has worked with our team to create a menu which perfectly blends the exclusive Italian wines with the dining experience offered at Moofushi.
What’s on the menu
Leone will be at the event, where dishes will be paired with the perfect wine to complement both. In some cases the wine will be used in the preparation of the dish such as the delicious Franciacorta Montenisa Brut and rose petal sorbet.
Other dishes include:
- a duo of fresh and smoked salmon tartar on an avocado bed, accompanied by an Umbria, Castello della Salla San Giovanni, 2011
- glazed duck liver with a white grape verjus, accompanied by a Moscato d’Asti, Prunotto, 2010.
The event will be held at the Blue Lounge on Sunday 9 December at Constance Moofushi.
Find out more
We’ve had an amazing response to our Constance Memories competition, and have received thousands of fantastic photos.
Photo taken by Laura Paterson, Constance Moofushi Resort, Maldives
Every one who sent us photos for the competition has been entered into the prize draw for a 7-night holiday including flights to the deluxe Constance Le Prince Maurice.
And the winner is…
Laura Paterson from Australia.
Congratulations Laura – we’ll contact you by email very shortly.
Facebook: Laura Paterson’s photo album
Winners of best photos from each decade and category
Thank you to everyone who entered.
We’ll be announcing the winners of each decade and category over the next few days. Prizes for these include luxury Valmont vanity cases and Shiseido products.
If you’re photos haven’t been posted to Facebook yet, watch this space as we’ll be adding more next week.
Take a look at all the photos entered to the competition
Visit our Facebook page to view all photos entered.
Chinese New Year 2012 - Year of the Dragon
The beginning of the Chinese New Year dawns at midnight on 23 January 2012, marking the start of the Year of the Dragon. The most auspicious sign in the Chinese zodiac, the dragon year promises change.
Celebrate this new beginning with our wonderfully tasty, and very quick to make, noodle dish from Constance Moofushi. Perfect for a Monday evening.
Chicken or beef stiry fry with noodles
If you’re too busy partying this festive season to spend much time cooking, try this quick and tasty noodle dish from Constance Moofushi.
- 400g rump steak or chicken
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 1/4 red, 1/4 yellow and 1/4 green bell pepper
- 100g carrots
- 50g Chinese cabbage
- 50g bok choy
- 3 tbsp dry sherry
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil (not virgin or extra virgin varieties)
- 500g fresh noodles
1. Cut the beef/chicken into thin strips, removing as much fat as possible during cutting.
2. Wash, drain and chop the spring onions. Slice the peppers. Julienne the carrots, and slice the Chinese cabbage. In a small bowl, combine the sherry and dark soy sauce and set aside.
3. Using a dry wok, heat the sesame seeds on medium heat, shaking the pan occasionally. Set aside.
4. Heat the olive oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add the beef/chicken and brown until it is nearly cooked through (4 minutes max).
5. Add the spring onions, pepper, carrot, cabbage and bok choy into the pan. Stir fry for 1 minute. Add the sherry and soy sauce mixture and cook 2 minutes until the sauce has darkened.
6. Remove the wok from the heat and add the sesame seeds. Let the food stand in the wok while you are cooking the noodles.
7. Cook the noodles in 1 tsp of oil in a separate wok or non-stick pan for 2 minutes.
8. Eat straight away.
And don’t miss our post on the Top 5 most popular recipes on the Constance blog.