If you’re too busy partying this festive season to spend much time cooking, try this quick and tasty noodle dish from Constance Moofushi.
- 400g rump steak or chicken
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 1/4 red, 1/4 yellow and 1/4 green bell pepper
- 100g carrots
- 50g Chinese cabbage
- 50g bok choy
- 3 tbsp dry sherry
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil (not virgin or extra virgin varieties)
- 500g fresh noodles
1. Cut the beef/chicken into thin strips, removing as much fat as possible during cutting.
2. Wash, drain and chop the spring onions. Slice the peppers. Julienne the carrots, and slice the Chinese cabbage. In a small bowl, combine the sherry and dark soy sauce and set aside.
3. Using a dry wok, heat the sesame seeds on medium heat, shaking the pan occasionally. Set aside.
4. Heat the olive oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add the beef/chicken and brown until it is nearly cooked through (4 minutes max).
5. Add the spring onions, pepper, carrot, cabbage and bok choy into the pan. Stir fry for 1 minute. Add the sherry and soy sauce mixture and cook 2 minutes until the sauce has darkened.
6. Remove the wok from the heat and add the sesame seeds. Let the food stand in the wok while you are cooking the noodles.
7. Cook the noodles in 1 tsp of oil in a separate wok or non-stick pan for 2 minutes.
8. Eat straight away.
And don’t miss our post on the Top 5 most popular recipes on the Constance blog.