Constance is proud to be collaborating with historic German winemaker Dr Bürklin-Wolf on a series of wine dinners in the Maldives this month.
Producers of world-class dry Rieslings from the Mittelhaardt district of Germany since 1597, Dr Bürklin-Wolf is a pioneer of German viticulture.
Using only organic, biodynamic methods across its 85 hectares of vineyards, Bürklin-Wolf create wines with an excellent, authentic character.
The chefs at Halaveli and Moofushi will create a world-class menu to accompany a selection of wines chosen by Siegrist. The wine dinners will be held on 5 October at Halaveli and 6 October at Moofushi.
Highlights of the Halaveli wine dinner will include:
- Goat cheeses chawanmushi, sun-dried tomatoes, black quinoa and crispy basil served with Villa Bürklin White Quality Wine 2013
- Seared Hokkaido scallops, cauliflower couscous, Iberian pork cubes and sea beets served with Dr Bürklin-Wolf Riesling With Quality Wine 2012
- Balinese-style reef fish, Asian-spiced spinach, miso-glazed vegetables and crushed pine nuts served with Ungenheuer GC White Quality Wine 2003
- Golden pineapple, yuzu, coconut gel, caramelised walnuts and wild honey ice cream served with Forster Riesling Auslese 2002.
Highlights of the food to be served at the Moofushi wine dinner will include:
- Tataki of Angus Beef with mustard remoulade
- Steamed fillet of job fish, lobster tortellini, shellfish and butter sauce
- Camembert samosa, goat cheese and olive crostini and pear chutney
- Mango parfait, blueberry trifle and brandy snap wafer.
During her time in Maldives Annette Siegrist will also offer training to our team of sommeliers on all aspects of Dr. Bürklin-Wolf wines.
- Visit our website for more information on Constance Halaveli and Constance Moofushi or to make a booking
- Find out more about Dr. Bürklin-Wolf on the website
- Get more wine recommendation from our head sommelier at Constance Halaveli
- Discover the secrets of Indian Ocean cuisine
- Take a gastronomy holiday to the Indian Ocean.