There are so many beautiful sites and natural wonders spread across the islands of the Seychelles that it can be hard to know where to start.
So before you plan your dream Seychelles holiday, here’s our guide to the top 5 must see sights.
1. Vallée de Mai – Praslin
Don’t miss the opportunity while in Seychelles to wander through the ancient palm forest of Vallée de Mai. A UNESCO World Heritage site, it is also one of the few places on earth where you can see the mysterious, endemic coco de mer grow.
2. Sir Selwyn Clarke Market, Victoria – Mahé
Immerse yourself in bustling Seychelles life at the food market held daily in the capital Victoria and surrounded by local clothing and craft shops. Buy fresh local spices, fruit and street food or just take in the vibrant sights and sounds.
3. Anse Georgette – Praslin
A hidden treasure, and one of the world’s most beautiful beaches, Anse Georgette is a secluded bay accessible by a stunning nature walk from Constance Lémuria. Because it’s not accessible by road, expect to have the pristine white sand and gentle waves almost entirely to yourself.
4. Le Jardin du Roi Spice Garden – Mahé
Set in the hills above the beautiful Anse Royale this old colonial spice plantation has views which stretch for miles over the coast and verdant interior. Spices are still grown in the gardens here and sold in the shop. Enjoy the views from the terrace of its small restaurant, but don’t forget to book as it is very popular.
5. The Giant Aldabra Tortoises – Curieuse Island
A trip to Seychelles wouldn’t be complete without meeting some of its most famous inhabitants, the giant tortoises. While there are several places in Seychelles where visitors can interact with the tortoises (including the botanical gardens on Mahé) Curieuse offers the most natural experience where visitors can meet the tortoises wandering free on this island nature reserve.
- To find out more about our hotels and resorts in the Seychelles, Constance Lémuria and Constance Ephélia or to make a booking, visit our website
- For more inspiration see our guide 13 things to do in the Seychelles
- Find out why Seychelles is one of the world’s top diving destinations
- Read our guide to the top 10 family adventures in the Seychelles.