Here’s a delicious sweet treat for you to try this weekend from Constance Tsarabanjina, Madagascar.
30g of dark chocolate
25g powdered sugar
120g of butter
3 spoons of milk
1 packet of biscuits
1 vanilla pod
1. Break the biscuits into small pieces.
2. Split into two vanilla pod and scrape the seeds into the biscuit mix.
3. Break chocolate into pieces.
4. Put in saucepan with all remaining ingredients.
5. Melt the chocolate over bain-marie turning constantly with a spatula.
6. Prepare a mold of 12 cm diameter, line the pan with aluminium foil.
Mix the two preparations and pour into a mold. Let stand in the refrigerator for 4-5 hours.
Turn out the crispy chocolate and serve. Pure chocolate perfection.
These delicious chocolates are quintessential Constance treats, recently served at the Chocolate Show at Constance Ephelia.
North Beach at Ephelia
500g dark chocolate
50g fresh ginger
1 orange zest
25g preserved orange peel
400g dark chocolate for the coating
1. Chop the chocolate and place in a bowl.
2. Peel and chop the ginger.
3. In a pan add cream, ginger and the orange zest and leave it to infuse for 10 minutes.
4. Strain the flavoured cream and return to heat.
5. Pour over the chocolate and mix until smooth.
6. Stir the softened butter.
7. Pour the contents into a round shaped mould.
8. Refrigerate until firm.
9. Cut into shapes, squares, diamonds, rectangles, circles.
10. Melt the 400g dark choclate in a bain marie.
11. Make curves with the crystallized chocolate.
12. Dip the chocolates one by one.
13. Leave to crystallize.