We’ve had an amazing response to our Constance Memories competition, and have received thousands of fantastic photos.
Photo taken by Laura Paterson, Constance Moofushi Resort, Maldives
Every one who sent us photos for the competition has been entered into the prize draw for a 7-night holiday including flights to the deluxe Constance Le Prince Maurice.
And the winner is…
Laura Paterson from Australia.
Congratulations Laura – we’ll contact you by email very shortly.
Facebook: Laura Paterson’s photo album
Winners of best photos from each decade and category
Thank you to everyone who entered.
We’ll be announcing the winners of each decade and category over the next few days. Prizes for these include luxury Valmont vanity cases and Shiseido products.
If you’re photos haven’t been posted to Facebook yet, watch this space as we’ll be adding more next week.
Take a look at all the photos entered to the competition
Visit our Facebook page to view all photos entered.
If you’re ready to jet off on holiday, get the lowdown on the best travel apps for your phone and iPad.
From Mashable Lifestyle
1. 15 iPhone apps for your summer getaway
- Hear Planet – discover landmarks, historic sites and more with guided audio tours via your iPhone
- OffMaps2 – avoid data roaming charges when viewing maps with this app that lets you download maps offline
2. 10 free must-have travel apps for android
- Kayak – one stop shop for organising and booking your travel plans
- Expensify – ideal for business travellers, allowing you to scan or log receipts so you can create expense reports
From CNN Money
3. 7 best travel apps
- TripIt – to keep track of your travel plans
- Hotel Tonight – to make last minute hotel reservations
From Huffington Post
4. Top 10 iPad travel apps
List brought together by Skyscanner and includes:
- Kindle – turns your iPad into an e-reader
- HG2 – Hedonists Guide – for city breaks, gives info on best bars, hotels and hip spots in 41 cities
Want to know more about Constance hotels?
Find out more about staying at Constance Hotels Experience from our website.
If you’re counting down the days to your next Constance holiday, take a look at our online shop where you can book your luxury experiences before you travel.
Diving and snorkelling excursions
Choose from indulgent spa treatments, golf lessons with a pro and unforgettable romantic dinners, plus many more.
And if you have family or friends who will be staying with us, why not give them a gift they’ll remember forever.
These unique experiences make a wonderful present for honeymooners and anyone celebrating a special anniversary.
Visit our Constance online shop to find out more.
After a thrilling weekend of action packed sport, catch up on the latest from the London 2012 Olympics.
London 2012 Olympic Stadium, photo by Phil Nuttall
Watch the Olympics live, featuring the latest on medal winners.
Official website for the London 2012 Olympics.
Live updates from the Olympics.
Guardian live picture blog
Brilliant photo gallery from the Olympics, capturing some awe-inspiring moments in sport.
Rock the Games on You Tube
Videos of live performances and new exclusive tracks recorded for the Olympic games from artists including Muse, Chemical Brothers and Pixie Lott.
London 2012 Festival
A hub of creative talent, this summer London’s celebrating with a huge city-wide festival. Find out what’s on.
Official visitor guide for London. Includes information on places to go, what’s on, travel, where to stay, special offers and features on one of our favourite cities on the Visit London blog.
Looking for a sweet treat to indulge in this weekend? Try our delicious Tiramisu recipe, served at beachside La Spiaggia, Constance Belle Mare Plage.
In Italy, tiramisu literally means ‘pick me up’… small wonder when you consider the delicious high energy combination of sugar, eggs, coffee and, in this recipe, ice cream.
Tiramisu ice cream
- 200g milk
- 10g milk powder
- 10g glucose powder
- 36g sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 14g butter
- 100g mascarpone cheese
- 150g mascarpone
- 2 eggs
- 15cl cream
- 60g sugar
Dacquoise Au Café
- 72g egg white
- 30g sugar
- 24g icing sugar
- 27g almond powder
- 13g flour
- 7g crème fraîche
- 16g coffee extract
- 16g walnuts
- Coffee flavour ice cream, bought
1. First, prepare the tiramisu ice cream.
2. Mix the sugar with egg yolk then add in boiling milk , milk powder and glucose powder.
3. Add in the mascarpone and butter. Keep it for 24 hours in the fridge then whisk and put in freezer.
4. Prepare the dacquoise au café
5. Beat the egg white with sugar then add in the rest of the ingredients. Pour onto the tray then bake for 7 minutes at 180°C.
6. Prepare the mascarpone cream
7. Beat together the eggs with sugar then add in the mascarpone and the whipped cream, making sure the cream is not over beaten.
8. Assemble the cake – one scoop of tiramisu ice cream , one layer of dacquoise , one scoop coffee ice cream, crumble macaroons on top, one scoop of mascarpone cream, some cocoa powder on top.
Serve with dry biscotti and a piece chocolate on the side.
Delicious tandoori chicken, best served with long grain basmati rice, cucumber salad, grilled veggies and roasted corn on the cob.
Meeru restaurant, Constance Halaveli
- 2lbs chicken cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 1/4 cups plain yogurt
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped coriander
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
1. Remove skin from chicken pieces, and cut slits into them lengthwise. Place in a shallow dish. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and lemon juice. Set aside for 20 minutes.
2. In a medium bowl, combine yoghurt, onion, garlic, ginger, garam masala, and cayenne pepper. Mix until smooth. Spread yoghurt mixture over chicken. Cover, and refrigerate for 6 to 24 hours (the longer the better).
3. Preheat grill to medium high heat. Cook chicken on grill until no longer pink and juices run clear. Alternatively, bake the chicken in the oven for 25-30 minutes at 230ºC.
Garnish with coriander and lemon wedges.