If you’re looking for a beautifully romantic location for your wedding, Constance hotels offer a luxury experience in some of the most breathtaking locations in the world.
Mr and Mrs Smazhenny at Moofushi
Mr and Mrs Smazhenny spent a wonderful month at Moofushi, in our fabulous beach and water villas. During their stay they organised their wedding and then enjoyed the utter bliss of the resort on their wedding day.
We worked with them to make sure it was a magical experience for them and their guests. Highlights of their wedding day included:
- a delicious breakfast, followed by a morning spa in a spa treatment double room, including a massage and facial for bride and groom
- a romantic ceremony at the Manta Bar, specially decorated for the occasion
- a tree planting ceremony so that they could commemorate their special day on Moofushi Island, and see how it has grown when they next return
- a special candlelit dinner at Alizée Beach restaurant, with wine chosen by our sommelier
- delicious wedding cake – vanilla and chocolate with fruit topping
- rose petal turndown in their villa on wedding night
- fishing with our diving centre
- watching a film of their wedding day on the beach later that night.
Check out the great photos of Mr and Mrs Smazhenny’s wedding day that we’ve posted in a photo album on the Constance Facebook page.
And don’t miss our article about The Jewel Island: Constance Moofushi
Mineral water produced at Constance Halaveli
Since March 2011, Constance Halaveli has been producing its own-label still and sparkling mineral water.
By turning tap water into mineral water using our own bottling plant, we’ve reduced the need for plastic water bottles in the resort, helping to protect the natural environment around us.
We use a 7-stage filtration system to produce 200 1 litre bottles of both still and sparkling water, and 50 half litre bottles every day.
Our Halaveli still water is provided with our compliments in each of the villas at the resort. The smaller bottles are provided free of charge at our Spa de Constance.
Start your day with our laid back blue breakfast at Constance Moofushi in the Maldives.
Blue breakfast at Constance Moofushi, Maldives
Freshly squeezed tropical juice, homemade breakfast pastries, smoked tuna with green mango and lime chutney, and Chef Blair’s recipe for the ultimate tropical muesli.
And to drink – Ceylan tea, or maybe a perfect expresso.
No shoes, a straw hat… and the fabulous blue water beyond.
Our chefs at Constance Halaveli, Maldives, have won a remarkable 14 medals at Hotel Asia 2011 Culinary Challenge. The event took place in Male, Maldives from 14-16 July.
Our winning team at Hotel Asia 2011
Executive Chef at Constance Halaveli, Glen Cooper doesn’t do things by half. When he decided to line up his team for the most important culinary competition in the Maldives, he had one clear goal in mind – to make a strong impression.
The results speak for themselves:
- 5 Gold Medals
- 3 Silver Medals
- 5 Bronze Medals
- 1 Merit Award in carving
- 1st Overall in Live Hot Cooking Beef (out of 27 entries)
- 2nd Overall in Live Hot Cooking Poultry (out of 22 entries)
- 2nd Overall in Live Hot Appetizers (out of 25 entries)
- 3rd Overall in Live Plated Desserts (out of 36 entries)
Our chefs who made up the team were Saroj, Upul, Pradeep, Sheran, Durga, Siyaful, Nuwan #1, Nuwan #2 and Janaka.
Congratulations and well done boys!