Put a spring back in your step with this healthy salad and delicious fresh juice, both served at Constance Le Prince Maurice. The salad is created by Chef Michael Scioli.
Juice: Basil Blush with mango and basil leaves
- 20cl fresh mango juice
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
Crunchy green salad with tomatoes and button mushrooms
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 400g tomatoes
- 80g cucumber
- 60g carrot
- 80g celery root
- 60g cabbage
- 120g green salad
- 40g onion
- 30g button mushrooms
1. Prepare the tomatoes, take out the peduncle and mark the opposite side
2. Blanch in boiling water for 20 sec and cool down in ice-cold water
3. Cut half round slices
4. Cut round slices of green cucumber
5. Wash, peel and slice the carrot lengthwise and cut into julienne of 1mm in thickness and 6cm in length
6. Wash, peel and cut slices of the celery root
7. Wash different types of green salad
8. Cut cabbage in half, avoid the hard part and slice finely
9. Wash, peel, rinse and cut into thin slices the onion
10. Wash, clean, and then slice the mushrooms
Prince Maurice’s Dressing
- 2g chopped mint
- 2g peeled ginger
- 5ml lemon juice
- 6g mangos pulped
- 1g seedless red chilli
- 2g salt
- 1g pepper
- 80ml olive oil
Put all ingredients except the oil into a blender. Blend very well, and then empty slowly the oil to get a nice emulsion.
1. On a plate, with the help of 80mm ring make a rosette of half rounded sliced tomatoes.
2. Fill the middle with mixed salad leaves and other ingredients.
3. Serve the dressing on the side.
Find out more about Constance Le Prince Maurice and our other resorts in the Indian Ocean.