Constance Belle Mare Plage and Constance Le Prince Maurice will be welcoming some of the finest winemakers from New Zealand for a week-long celebration of wine from the region.
Head Sommelier Jerome Faure will organise a range of wine dinners from the 15-21 September to introduce guests to New Zealand wines and giving them the opportunity to meet and talk with the winemakers.
Wine tastings will also be held for all the sommeliers of each resort as part of ongoing training to ensure that Constance sommeliers are at the head of their field.
New Zealand winemakers visiting Belle Mare Plage and Le Prince Maruice will include:
• Felton Road – a biodynamic wine producer using wild yeast, no fining or filteration has created wines of a unique character and an impressive reputation.
• Millton Vineyards and Winery – Situated on the East coast of North Island in the winegrowing region of Gisborne the family have introduced French traditions picked up working in the famous wine regions of France.
• Ata Rengi – A small New Zealand winery at the southern end of North Island, Ata Rengi has become famous for producing a renowned Pinot Noir.
• Escarpment – Stretching along the banks of the Huangarua River, Escarpment’s vineyards produce wine with a complexity and structure that have made them a leader in the market.
• Pegasus Bay – The second largest winery in Canterbury, Pegasus Bay is rated as the top winery of the region.
Guests will be able to enjoy a number of events across both resorts to introduce them to these fascinating New World wines:
Sunday 15 September
Belle Mare Plage – A management cocktail party featuring the wines
Monday 16 September
Belle Mare Plage – A special dinner featuring Escarpment wines at La Spiaggia
Tuesday 17 September
Belle Mare Plage – A special dinner featuring Pegasus wines at Indigo
Wednesday 18 September
Belle Mare Plage – A special dinner featuring Ata Rangi wines at Deer Hunter
Thursday 19 September
Le Prince Maurice – A management cocktail party featuring New Zealand wines including Felton Road 2010 Pinot Noir Bannockburn, 2012 Millton La Cote Pinot Noir and Ata Rangi Petrie Sauv Blanc.
A special dinner at l’Archipel featuring Millton wines including 2011 Opour Chardonnay, 2011 Riverpoint Viognier, 2010 Clos St Anne, 2010 Clos Samuel Viognier SBS.
Friday 20 September
Le Prince Maurice – A special dinner featuring Felton Road wines at Le Barachois including 2012 Riesling Bannockburn, 2011 Chardonnay Bannockburn, 2009 Pinot Noir Block 3, 2008 Riesling Block 1.
Saturday 21 September
Belle Mare Plage – A gala dinner featuring all the wineries.
Tempted to visit Mauritius in September?