At Constance our sommeliers are not just passionate about wine but about sharing that passion with you.
Our Constance head sommelier Jerome Faure, travels the world, old and new, to uncover the very best wines and bring them back to our cellars in the Indian Ocean.
He brings with him not just the wines themselves but their stories, their histories, the knowledge of the land on which they were grown so that all our sommeliers can share that knowledge with you.
Constance Le Prince Maurice, Mauritius
At Constance Le Prince Maurice our state-of-the-art wine cellar has capacity for more than 15,000 bottles and guests are invited to regular wine tastings where our sommeliers will guide you through some of our favourite wines.
Wines at Le Prince Maurice include:
- Champagne Salon 1966 from Mesnil sur Ogier, France
- Vin de Pays de l’Hérault Domaine de la Grange des Peres 2004/05/06/07/08/09, France
- Swartland – Mullineux Schist Syrah 2010 – the first vintage of one exclusive wine, South Africa
Constance Halaveli, Maldives
At Constance Halaveli, guests can enjoy a range of sublime wines under the guidance of head sommelier Cedric Jacob, who trained in his native France.
Wines at Halaveli include:
- Chablis, ‘Terroir de Courgis’, Patrick Piuze, 2010, France, Burgundy
- VDP des Bouches du Rhône, Villa Minna, Red, 2007, France, Provence
- Waterkloof, Sauvignon Blanc, 2010 – South Africa, Stellenbosh
Constance Moofushi, Maldives
Amidst the laidback luxury of Constance Moofushi wine tasting takes on a more ‘chilled out’ approach with tables set up in the tranquil lagoon so that guests can sample wines with the ocean lapping at their feet.
Wines at Moofushi include:
- Sauvignon Blanc, Marianne Estate, 2011, South Africa (dry white)
- Cotes du Rhone, Domaine de la Janasse, 2010, France (red)
- Malbec Rose, Tapiz, 2011, Argentina (dry rosé)
Find out more
Our passion for wine spans from the grand, world famous ‘old world’ producers to the small independent artisans and the cutting edge producers of the new world. From famous vintages to new offerings, it is this range that you’ll discover at Constance.
- Read more about wine tasting at Constance
- Find out more about the state-of-the art wine cellar at Le Prince Maurice
- Read an interview with Halaveli head sommelier Cedric Jacob.