Created at Constance Lémuria in 2006, this tuna ravioli dish uses 100% Seychelles products (papaya, tuna, palm kernel). Since then, our guests have forbidden us to remove the dish from the menu.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
Fish and papaya compote:
- 1kg yellow fin tuna loin
- 1 semi-ripe papaya
- 10g honey
- 1 tea bag
1. Cut the tuna into 0.5cm thick slices, flatten them gently and set the aside. Make a small tartar with the trimmings from the tuna.
2. Peel the papaya and dice it into 0.5cm pieces. Store it.
3. Heat the honey in a small saucepan, add the papaya and the tea bag, and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and cool it in a chiller. Store it.
4. Spread twelve thin slices of tuna on the work surface. Add a teaspoon of papaya compote, then another twelve slices of tuna.
5. Using a three-inch diameter pastry cutter, press down gently to form the ravioli. There should be no air inside. Take another cutter, this time four centimeters in diameter and cut the ravioli.
6. Set them out on a plate with cling film over it, and put them in the fridge.
The smoked kernel:
- 1/2 heart of palm kernel, fresh
- Filao shavings: as required
- Juice of 1 lime
- Coconut oil: as required
1. Peel and cut the edible part of the palm and drop it onto a smoke-rack for 10 minutes.
2. Cut out twelve one-inch-thick cylinders. Add the coconut oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.
The vanilla oil:
- 1 vanilla pod
- Olive oil: as required
- Lime juice: as required
1. Split the vanilla pod and keep the seeds.
2. Put the oil and lemon juice in a bowl, add the vanilla and whisk well. Store it.
The rocket and coconut salad:
- 100g rocket
- 1/2 dry coconut
- 80g ripe papaya
1. Use a peeler to get some coconut shavings. Store them.
2. Wash the rocket and store it.
3. Cut the papaya into cubes and store it.
Finishing and presentation
Arrange three slices of palm on a square plate. On each of them, place a tuna ravioli.
Arrange the seasoned tuna tartar in the middle of the plate with some small capers, and finish it off with the rocket salad, the shaved dry coconut and diced papaya.
Top it off with vanilla oil on the ravioli and a little salt.
Sommelier’s suggested wine
Bold white woody wine:
- Chèóteauneuf-du-Pape, Vieilles Vignes, Chèóteau de Beaucastel, 2009 France
- hemel-en-Aarde Valley, Hamilton Russell Chardonnay, 2009 South Africa
- Discover the range of Constance recipes
- Celebrate our passion for gastronomy
- Learn more about our culinary spirit on our website: Constance Hotels and Resorts.