These delicious chocolates are quintessential Constance treats, recently served at the Chocolate Show at Constance Ephelia.
- 500g dark chocolate
- 300g cream
- 75g butter
- 50g fresh ginger
- 1 orange zest
- 25g preserved orange peel
- 400g dark chocolate for the coating
1. Chop the chocolate and place in a bowl.
2. Peel and chop the ginger.
3. In a pan add cream, ginger and the orange zest and leave it to infuse for 10 minutes.
4. Strain the flavoured cream and return to heat.
5. Pour over the chocolate and mix until smooth.
6. Stir the softened butter.
7. Pour the contents into a round shaped mould.
8. Refrigerate until firm.
9. Cut into shapes, squares, diamonds, rectangles, circles.
10. Melt the 400g dark choclate in a bain marie.
11. Make curves with the crystallized chocolate.
12. Dip the chocolates one by one.
13. Leave to crystallize.
The recipe makes approximately 50 chocolates.
Find out more about Constance Ephelia from our website.