Looking for a tasty appetiser to add a bit of pazazz to a festive dinner? Try this delicious and easy to make fish dish to bring a taste of the Maldives to your home this Christmas.
- 500g clean fillet of fresh white fish (firm flesh)
- 1 soup spoon of fresh passionfruit per person (scoop out the pulp and seeds from the shell)
- 20cl good extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 small lime
- chopped herbs to taste (mint, basil, flat parsley, coriander, chives)
- small onion or shallot, thinly chopped
- salt flakes and freshly ground pepper
- chopped chilli to taste
1. Brush four flat plates with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt.
2. Cut the fish fillet into slices of approximately 3mm thick (don’t slice it too thinly so you can enjoy texture of fish). Lay the slices evenly on the 4 plates as you go.
3. Leave the plates in the fridge, and then prepare the dressing.
4. In a bowl, place the passionfruit pulp and seeds. Add lemon juice and onion to taste.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Mix together with a whisk, and add the olive oil slowly to the mix.
7. Check seasoning.
8. Add the fresh herbs to the marinade.
9. Spread the marinade evenly on the fish and leave it to marinate for 10 minutes at room temperature.
10. You can finish the dish with your choice of toppings such as small croutons, pomegranate, fresh tomato, toasted pine nuts, rocket, lambs lettuce… Enjoy!