Take your taste buds to the warm waters of the Indian Ocean with this Seychellois recipe for octopus salad from Constance Ephélia.
- 500g octopus
- 200g cucumber
- 200g tomato
- 200g peppers (mix of colours)
- 200g red onions
- 2tbsp fresh lemon
- 4 – 6tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 pinches pepper
- Fresh parsley
1. Fill a large pan with water and add lemongrass, a fresh lemon cut in to quarters and parsley to flavour. Boil the Octopus in the water for 30 – 50 minutes.
2. When cooked, strain the octopus and allow it to cool then cut into small cubes.
3. Slice the tomatoes, cucumber, onions and pepper into cubes and place in a large bowl.
4. Toss them together with the octopus.
5. Add olive oil, salt and pepper, a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and some fresh parsley.
6. Check seasoning and serve.
- Visit our website for more information on Constance Ephélia or to make a booking
- Check out our recipe for fresh crab with saffron and coconut from Constance Lémuria
- Find out more about the food of the Seychelles.