This curry risotto comes from the kitchens of Constance Le Prince Maurice. It makes a great mid-week recipe and is easy to prepare.
Take your time stirring the stock into the rice, and enjoy the gentle pace of risotto-making.
Preparation and cooking time: 40 minutes
- 1 shallot
- 140g risotto rice (arborio or carnaroli)
- 15cl dry white wine
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1tsp curry powder
- 3 curry leaves
- 1 sprig thyme
- 30cl chicken stock
- 20g butter + 20g for finishing
- 1 sprig coriander, chopped
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
1. Peel and finely chop the shallots. Sweat them for 2 minutes with the butter in a heavy saucepan. Add the rice, fry it for a few minutes until it whitens.
2. Add the white wine, boil down until dry.
3. Peel and chop the garlic. Add it to the rice with the curry powder, thyme and curry leaves.
4. Gradually add the chicken stock and cook for 18-20 minutes on low heat, stirring constantly. The rice should retain a slight crunch. Add remaining butter, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and chopped coriander. Correct seasoning and serve.