A simple and delicious curry dish from Constance Ephelia, Seychelles ideal for a healthy mid-week meal served with pan fried snapper.
- 5 big leaves of spinach
- 400g of banana (in Seychelles we use the St Jacques variety)
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 30g chopped onions
- 10g chopped garlic
- 10g of chopped ginger
- 4g turmeric
- 4g curry powder
- 20g green peas
- 20g of peeled tomato dice
- 20g unsalted butter
- Salt pepper to taste
1. Blanch the spinach leaves in salted boiling water for 2 minutes, and cool down immediately in ice cold water. Drain, dry and remove the main stalks and set aside.
2. Blanch the banana with its skins in boiling water for 30 mins or until soft.
3. Cool down, remove the skin and grate the flesh. Set aside.
4. Sautée garlic, ginger, onion in butter until a light brown colour, add curry leaves, turmeric, curry powder and mix together.
5. Now add the grated banana to the pan and mix well together. At last, add the green peas and tomato.
6. Season to taste.
7. To make the cannelloni, take 1 spinach leaf, place some banana curry on top and roll as cannelloni giving a nice cylinder shape. Cut the edges nicely, and set aside.
8. Serve warm with pan seared snapper fish.
Sounds tempting? Find out more about Constance Ephelia Resort from our website.