We like to share some of our chefs’ finest recipes so that you can experience the Constance luxury experience at home.
This Mauritian chicken and prawn curry is served in a spicy coconut sauce. Let us know how you get on and send us your comments and pictures of your very own chicken and prawn curry.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Marinating time: 30 minutes
- 800g skinless, boneless chicken legs, cut into 4 pieces each
- 250g shelled raw prawns (leave the tails on)
- 1 tbsp oil 4 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 2 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 4 sprigs thyme 1 sprig parsley
- 5 sprigs coriander (keep 2 for decoration)
- 10 curry leaves
- 4 small ripe tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 50 ml coconut milk
- salt and pepper
- In a large dish, put the chicken legs, curry powder and turmeric. Chop the coriander, thyme, parsley and curry leaves. Add them to the chicken with half the oil, chopped garlic and ginger, salt and pepper. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Peel the onion, slice it finely and fry in remaining oil until golden. Add chicken and brown for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Dice the tomatoes and add them to the chicken. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes on a low heat until the sauce thickens. If necessary, add a little water.
- Add the prawns and coconut milk, and cook for a further 5 minutes until the sauce is thick.
- Chop the 2 remaining coriander sprigs and use them to garnish the curry. Check the seasoning and serve hot with rice.
You can also purchase the Prince Maurice recipe book that contains this recipe and fifty more from our online store.