There’s a special cookery class taking place at Constance Belle Mare Plage in Mauritius on Thursday 30 September.
Seasoned and novice cooks alike can enjoy a day learning about Mauritian cuisine.
The event will be hosted by two of our chefs, Rajesh and Frederic Goisset, and wine tasting is led by our head sommelier at Belle Mare Plage.
Against the backdrop of the Deer Hunter restaurant, situated at the Legend golf clubhouse, our chefs will reveal some of our island secrets for creating subtle and lingering flavours.
Guests will learn about roasting spices using traditional local Mauritian methods, and how to prepare them. One such method involves a rock, known as the roche carrie, which is used to crush and mix the spices.
This relaxed and informative day includes:
- 2 hour cookery lesson, where guests will make chicken with garam masala
- Presentation by the Z’épices Experience shop
- Recipe sharing including traditional methods
- Wine tasting with our head sommelier
- Three course lunch dining with the chefs (includes wine, drinks and coffee)
- Gifts to take home including an apron, recipe CD and diploma for the course
As this special day will be popular, you can avoid disappointment by booking your place in advance. Email us at: email@example.com or visit the Constance Belle Mare Plage website to find out more about our luxury hotel.