Winemaker Johan Krige, from the famous South African winery Kanonkop Estate, is hosting a special wine dinner at Jing restaurant, Constance Halaveli, this Sunday 21 October.
The menu has been created by our Head Sommelier at Halaveli, Cédric Jacob, and his team together with Executive Chef, Glen Cooper.
At the dinner, with each course we’ll be serving 2 bottles of the same wine but from a different vintage, so guests can learn about the impact of the ageing on the wine.
Here’s the delicious menu we’ll be serving:
- Prawn in 3 Textures
- Pickled ginger mayo & sherry vinaigrette
- Wine – Kanonkop, ‘Kadette’, Rosé, 2010
Fork & spoon
- Cinnamon & anise spiced breast of Duck
- Red fruit gelée & consommé of duck
- Wine – Kanonkop, ‘Paul Sauer’, 2009
- Wine – Kanonkop, ‘Paul Sauer’, 1998
- Carnival peppered Wagyu beef tenderloin
- Shitake ravioli & horseradish emulsion
- Wine – Kanonkop, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2009
- Wine – Kanonkop, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2004
- Warm Jivara Fondant
- Pinotage ice cream and compote of red fruits
- Wine – Kanonkop, Pinotage, 2010
- Wine – Kanonkop, Pinotage, 2003
Want to find out more?
Find out more about Kanonkop Wine Estate in South Africa.
Visit our website for more information about Constance Halaveli Resort, Maldives.