Invited guests had the pleasure to discover the latest creations of the prestigious Swiss group and try on the fantastic watches made by the Hublot craftsmen.
Blue Penny Café chef Frederic Goisset, executive chef Dominique Grel and food and beverage Frederic Gille created an incredible menu with wine pairing, linking the worlds of ‘haute cuisine’ and ‘haute horlogerie’.
During the opening cocktail, exclusively created appetisers were presented in jewelry showcases, along with a Hublot watch:
- Caviar (an oyster in green apple jelly, with a cream of wasabi, caviar and shiso)
- Big bang Tutti frutti (Foie gras and agar of organic vegetable, spiced crumble)
- Vendôme (bread crouton, shrimp tartar, coconut jelly, red capsicum tapenade)
- Yacht club Monaco (Scallop mousse, heart of palmtree, scallop carpaccio)
The dinner was splendid… with names evoking Hublot watches.
- GMT A canneloni of tomato and local crab, spiced syrup.
Served with Domaine des Dieux, Sauvignon Blanc 2009, South Africa
- Vibration: Duck foie gras preserved with Port jelly, ginger-flavoured pineapple chutney, young sprouts.
Served with Alsace, Pinot Gris ‘Cuvée Albert’, Albert Mann 2009, France
- Submarine: Back of pan-seared codfish lemon and shellfish condiment with smoked herring row.
Served with Châteauneuf du Pape “La Crau” – Domaine du vieux télégraphe 2005, France
- Amplitude: Lamb fillet in a crust of mild chili, the chop in a spicy kofta, pimientodel piquillo stuffed with potato chutney, a jus flavoured with Pata Negra ham.
Served with Vriesenhof Pinot Noir 2003, South Africa
- Carat: Creamy poppy and raspberry dessert, raspberry sherbet.
Served with Rhum Nation Demerarra 31 years old
Before dessert, guests were served the most exclusive cheeses in Switzerland including an incredible Gruyère made by Hublot CEO Mr Biver, that he wished to share with guests at this remarkable evening.
The event was a wonderful occasion for invited guests to discover or re-discover Blue Penny Café, the temple of food and wine in Mauritius.