Enjoy this summer’s bumper crop of strawberries with a recipe from Constance Le Prince Maurice, Mauritius.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Marinating time: 20 minutes
600g fromage blanc
120g strawberries (keep 4 for garnishing)
3 sprigs of mint (keep 4 for garnishing)
1 star anise
2 tbsp shelled pumpkin seeds
2 tsp olive oil
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tbsp honey
1. Toast the pumpkin seeds for 5 minutes in a 180°C oven.
2. Chop the mint leaves.
3. Coarsely crush the star anise and put it into an empty pepper mill.
4. Rinse, drain and tail the strawberries. Cut them into quarters. In a salad bowl, mix them with the olive oil, lemon juice, chopped mint. Grind a little star anise on top and let rest for about 20 minutes.
5. Mix the fromage blanc with honey and grind some more star anise onto it.
6. Divide the strawberries into four elegant glasses, add the fromage blanc, then the pumpkin seeds. Grind some star anise on top and decorate with one whole strawberry and a mint leaf. Serve chilled.
Let us know how you get on, and send us your comments and pictures of your own fromage blanc with strawberries and pumpkin seeds. You can get in contact with us via Twitter, Facebook or the comments section below.
You can also purchase the Constance Prince Maurice recipe book that contains this recipe and 50 more from our online store.