Guests at Constance Belle Mare Plage had the rare opportunity to enjoy a wine dinner inspired by two giants in the French wine industry last week.
The dinner, held at Belle Mare Plage’s Blue Penny Café on 8 August, featured wine selected by special guests winemaker Nicolas Raffy of Domaine Mas Amiel and David Biraud, awarded best sommelier in France.
Nicolas Raffy is the winemaker behind the legendary Mas Amiel wines of the Roussillon region while David Biraud has won accolades as the best sommelier in France and narrowly missed out on the title of Best Sommelier in Europe.
These two prestigious wine experts worked together with our chefs at the Blue Penny Café to create a menu to bring out the very best in the wines they selected.
Highlights of the wine menu included:
- Ocean cassolette with lemon foam served with a Côtes du Roussillon Mas Amiel Le Plaisir Blanc 2013
- Drumfish fillet lacquered with aniseed jus, citrus marmalade with taggiasche olives and steamed baby leeks served with Côtes du Roussillon Mas Amiel Altair Blanc 2011
- Pan seared beef fillet, Macaire potato with condiments and onion flavoured with Xérès vinegar and thyme jus served with Maury Sec Mas Amiel Altitude 433 M 2012
- Biscuit with ‘Kumabo’ chocolate with red and black fruit nectar served with Maury Mas Amiel Charles Dupuy 2008.
- Visit our website to find out more about Constance Belle Mare Plage or to make a booking
- Learn to cook delicious Mauritian food on your next holiday
- Discover the best food markets in Mauritius.