Constance Belle Mare Plage will continue to host the thrilling MCB Championship, the finale to the European Senior Tour, for a further three years.
The announcement follows a renewal agreement between event partners Constance Hotels & Resorts, the European Senior Tour and sponsor Mauritius Commercial Bank.
The MCB Championship has been held on Constance’s Legend golf course for the last four years.
It is a testament to the high quality design and maintenance of the course that the Europe Senior Tour has chosen to retain it as the stage for the final leg of their annual tour where the John Jacobs Trophy is awarded to the Tour leader.
Managing Director of the European Senior Tour, Andy Stubbs, said, ‘The idyllic island setting of Mauritius is the perfect place for the Senior Tour to bring our season to a close, and the hospitality shown to us by the Constance Group, at their hotels Le Prince Maurice and Belle Mare Plage, has ensured the strongest possible fields over the past three years.’
He continued, ‘The Legend Course is a great examination for the leading Senior Tour players and has ensured that the contest for the John Jacobs Trophy comes to a fitting finale.’
The event has in recent years included golfing legends such as Tom Lehman, Colin Montgomerie, Sam Torrance and David Frost.
Jean-Jacques Vallet, CEO of Constance, said, ‘Our promise is not only to continue raising the level of the quality of Constance Hotels & Resorts’ golf courses and accommodation, but also to do our best to be the perfect ambassador of golf and inevitably boost the country’s image as a premier golf destination.’
This year’s MCB Tour Championship will take place at Constance Belle Mare Plage from 12-14 December.
- Visit our website for more information about Constance Le Prince Maurice and Constance Belle Mare Plage or to make a booking
- Read more about the MCB Championship on the European Senior Tour website
- Discover ultimate luxury golf holidays in Mauritius and Seychelles
- Read an interview with Marc Farry on golf in Mauritius
- Find out more about learning to play golf on a luxury holiday
- Read Golf Monthly’s blog Magical Mauritius.