Spanish Executive Chef at Constance Halaveli, Jordi Vila, has followed his passion for gastronomy around the globe and brought his expertise to the Maldives.
Having learnt his trade in some of Europe’s most illustrious kitchens including L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon and the legendary Spanish three-star El Bulli, Jordi has brought his fervour for imaginative fine dining to Halaveli.
Jordi is one of an innovative group of young Barcelona chefs who believe in modernising traditional gastronomy by combining new methods and technology with classic culinary traditions.
His unique and creative approach to fine-dining blends the best fresh ingredients with the latest culinary techniques and has made Halaveli an essential port of call for food lovers looking for creative, exotic cuisine.
To celebrate his 16 years of travelling the globe learning from the world’s leading chefs, Jordi has created a special menu for guests at Halaveli inspired by his travels.
The World Discovery Menu includes:
- Yellow fin tuna tartar from the Caribbean
- White Asparagus from New Zealand
- Royale of Foie Gras from France
- Seared watermelon from Spain
- Seared Hakkaido scallops from Japan/Asia
- Black Angus Beef, Maldivian Lobster from Maldives
- Black chocolate combination from Belgium/Africa.
- Vote now for Constance Halaveli in the World Luxury Hotel Awards 2014
- Visit our website for more information on Constance Halaveli or to make a booking
- Discover Jordi Vila’s new tapas menu at Jing bar
- Read more about beach dining at Halaveli’s Meeru restaurant.