At our hotels and resorts across the Indian Ocean we have been celebrating World Environment Day.
World Environment Day, which this year fell on 5 June, is a global initiative created by the UN to raise awareness through a day of positive environmental action and individual participation.
Staff at Constance Hotels and Resorts have joined in the fun with a number of environmental activities for staff and guests including lagoon cleaning, special World Environment Day menus and renovating a path at a local school.
Here’s a look at some of the things we’ve been doing this year:
- Endemic Tree planting
- The launch of a college environment project competition
- From 5-8 June guests can enjoy a special ‘tropical grated coconut scrub’ at the spa
- A special World Environment Day menu at Heritage Restaurant
- On 8 June an island cleaning project in partnership with Association Civique de Palmar
- Lagoon cleaning
- Tree planting
- A tour for guests of our back-of-house with assistant resident engineer who explained our energy production and consumption
- On 7 June we will be going to the local island of Ukulhas to help with island cleaning.
- Coconut tree planting
- Island cleaning
- Reef cleaning
- Clean up and conservation of the resort’s mangrove area
- An art exhibition by local painters with music by local bands on Port Launay Beach
- From 1-10 June guests can enjoy a special World Environment Detox Spa Retreat
- Tree planting including red and blue coconut as well as coastal flora
- Special events for kids at the Constance Kids Club
- Local food, drink, dance and crafts celebrated at Seselwa Restaurant
- A video and talk about our coral restoration program at Legend Bar
- We helped a local state primary school renovate their path, with tree planting planned for the future
- We gave the school information about our coral regeneration project and turtle nesting so that they can share it with the students
- Find out more about World Environment Day on the website
- Visit our website to find out more about Constance Hotels and Resorts or to make a booking
- Discover more about our coral reef regeneration project in Seychelles
- Read about the progress in our coral regrowth project at Constance Halaveli, Maldives.