Everywhere you look, you’ll find something to do with gastronomy – in the media, in the increasingly imaginative dishes available in our restaurants… as though the whole idea were something new.
In fact, it’s no more than a tradition in a constant state of renewal. It’s one that makes the most of France’s dynamism, the foods we produce, and what we do with them.
The Fête de la Gastronomie is first and foremost an event that celebrates generosity and conviviality. A time for people to get together.
Constance celebrates the Fête de la Gastronomie
As part of our special evening at our Constance Hotels Experience resorts in the Seychelles and Mauritius, our chefs will be presenting menus that celebrate the best of French cuisine and the fabulous local produce of the Indian Ocean.
Festival menu at Constance Belle Mare Plage
On 23 September, at Constance Belle Mare Plage, we’re presenting an incredible ’16 hands’ menu based on the best produce of the Indian Ocean, paired with wines from the Old World.
- The welcoming glass from Chef Sohan Singh.
- Crab from Madagascar… by Chef Marcelino, as at La Kaze – Madagascar crab jelly, crunchy salad with coriander.
- Local oyster… by Chef Fréderic Goisset, catch of the day of Blue Penny – warm oyster, creamy cauliflower and buds with curry, emulsified kafir lime-yuzu juice.
- Black Qwehli prawn… by Chef Chinnien, mist and colour of Indigo – black qwehli prawn, Curaçao dressing, polenta with curry leaves.
- Fish and dry shrimps… by Chef Sanjeev, delightfully garnished with Citronnelle – half-cooked dorado fillet, river shrimps chutney, saffroned emulsion.
- Palmheart by Chef Jocelyn, planted and harvested on the shores of la Spiaggia – braised heart of palm with spices, fish mayonnaise orange flavour.
- Braised venisson and noisette… by Chef Rajesh, deer hunter or Deer Hunter – venisson duo from our Chassée braised and roasted with local spices, preserved vegetables from our garden, chasseur sauce.
- Papaya… by our Chef Sylvano, our parents Heritage – papaya crumble with green lemon.
- Vanilla, banana and coconut… by our Chef Thierry, or Coco-Banane-Moelleux-Passionnément – biscuit creamy with coconut, banana compote with vanilla, and passion fruit emulsion.