Excitement is building in Mauritius as the stage is set for our fabulous culinary celebration – the Culinary Festival Bernard Loiseau 2012.
Island chefs in kitchen at Bernard Loiseau festival 2011
This week-long festival starts on Sunday 25 March. We’ll be posting every day to bring you the latest action, insight and photos as our 6 island chefs train with their European Michelin* chefs in preparation for the final cook-off competition on Thursday 29th and prize-giving on Saturday 31 March. We’ll also be a running a fun competition and lots more.
As the Michelin* chefs and judges fly into the island, it reads like a who’s who of the most accomplished stars in the world of food and wine.
The judges are:
- Christopher Barber – former personal chef to the Prince of Wales
- Enrico Bernardo – world class sommelier
- Patrick Bertron – protege of Bernard Loiseau and world class chef
- Serge Vieira – world class chef
- Dominique Loiseau – wife of Bernard Loiseau and founder of the festival
- Claus Meyer – co-owner of Noma
The Michelin* chefs are:
- Fabrine Biasolo
- Patrick Bittner
- Jacques Decoret
- Dominique Gauthier
- Angela Hartnett
- David Johansen
The island chefs are:
- Ankur Daru – Ephelia, Seychelles
- Kamlesh Doorjean – Le Prince Maurice, Mauritius
- Nuwan Hiettiarachchi – Halaveli, Maldives
- Ravish Mukri – Moofushi, Maldives
- Jayram Seenanum – Belle Mare Plage, Mauritius
- Hildy Sinon – Lemuria, Seychelles
Find out more
The deluxe 6* Constance Le Prince Maurice, Mauritius is about to undergo some fabulous enhancements.
Lobby at Constance Le Prince Maurice
During July and August this year, we’ll be working hard to make this high-functioning paradise even more desirable for luxury holiday aficionados.
Key features of the Prince Maurice upgrade include:
- Spa – adding additional rooms to the ever-popular Spa de Constance.
- Swimming pool – building a new heated lap pool bringing the number of pools to two.
- Suites and villas – refurbishing all suites and luxury bathrooms.
- Main restaurant – L’Archipel enjoys a beautiful location overlooking the infinity pool and beach. We’ll be upgrading the restaurant.
- New wine cellar adjoining to the restaurant – stocked with exclusive old and new world wines.
- Le Barachois – our delightful floating restaurant will serve a new menu of fish and seafood specialities. We’re also adding a floating bar near the Barachois. This hip new spot will give guests a space to enjoy long evenings listening to live music and DJ sets while sampling some wonderful cocktails and wines.
- Suite on stilts
At Constance Hotels, we’re very excited about the changes that are about to take place at one of our favourite hotels.
Watch this space, and we’ll post regular updates and photos on progress. The resort will be closed from 1 July – 31 August 2012 so we can complete the final stage of this refurbishment.
We look forward to welcoming you soon to the beautiful Constance Le Prince Maurice.
We’ve just relaunched our Constance Hotels Experience website. Packed with great information, stunning photos and links to our online concierge and gift service – it’s one to add to your favourites’ list.
Senior Water Villa at Constance Moofushi Resort, Maldives
The new website is beautifully designed to reflect the elegance of our Indian Ocean resorts.
You’ll find lots of detail to give you a real feel for each resort, and to help you decide which of our fabulous 7 resorts is perfect for your next holiday.
We give you the lowdown on:
- choice of accommodation
- wedding and honeymoon packages
- restaurants and bars including opening times
- spa treatments
- children’s clubs
- water sports
- business facilities and lots more.
Take a look at the Constance Hotels Experience website, and don’t miss us on Facebook and Twitter @constancehotels too.
Our online Constance community just got bigger. In addition to our English Facebook pages, we’ve just launched our German and Italian Facebook too.
- Constance Hotels Experience Facebook
Come and join us – ‘like’ us and visit our Wall for special offers, competitions, photos and the latest news from our resorts.
We want to hear from you too – tell us what you love about Constance, and share your holiday experiences and photos on our Wall.
Fruit skewer palm tree
Gong Xi Fa Cai!
On the evening of 23 January, Constance Halaveli celebrated the Year of the Dragon for Chinese New Year – a very important holiday for our Chinese guests.
Chinese New Year starts with the New Moon on the first day of the new year and ends on the full moon 15 days later. The end of new year is celebrated on the 15th day with a nighttime Lantern Festival.
As the year of the Dragon unfolds, it promises to be one of excitement, unpredictability, exhilaration and intensity – all characteristics of the Dragon.
For travel, Dragons are often attracted by the bizarre. No self-respecting Dragon desires to walk in a tourist’s footsteps. Instead, they take a lot of pleasure in finding hidden destinations, or locations off the beaten track.
Dragons are also sentimental at heart, so taking a second honeymoon would bring immense pleasure too.
If you celebrated Chinese New Year at Constance Hotels, we’d love to see your photos. You can post them on the Constance Facebook page.
Chinese New Year 2012 - Year of the Dragon
The beginning of the Chinese New Year dawns at midnight on 23 January 2012, marking the start of the Year of the Dragon. The most auspicious sign in the Chinese zodiac, the dragon year promises change.
Celebrate this new beginning with our wonderfully tasty, and very quick to make, noodle dish from Constance Moofushi. Perfect for a Monday evening.