Gordon Brand Jnr claimed the second Scottish Senior Tour victory in consecutive weeks at the Winston Golf Senior Open in Germany.
Gordon Brand Jnr
The win was Brand’s second European Senior Tour title and was a cause of celebration for Scottish supporters as it came hot on the heels of Colin Mongomerie’s win at the Travis Perkins plc Senior Masters.
Brand left it to the final round to seal his victory with six birdies to come in 12 under par on a day which looked like belonging to fellow Scot, Andrew Oldcorn, who’d racked up an impressive 11 birdies.
Time is running out to join Constance Belle Mare Plage and Constance Le Prince Maurice in a celebration of New Zealand wines including the opportunity to meet some of the country’s most famous winemakers.
Enjoy New Zealand wines at Constance Belle Mare Plage
The weeklong wine event from 15-21 September will include a series of unique wine menus in the restaurants of both resorts in which the New World wines will be paired with exquisite dishes specially prepared by our chefs.
New Zealand winemakers visiting Mauritius for this special event will include:
- Felton Road
- Millton Vineyards and Winery
- Ata Rengi
- Pegasus Bay
Escarpment wine dinner at La Spiaggia, Belle Mare Plage – Monday 16 September
- Smoked marlin carpaccio, green apple salpicon, honey lemon and herbs dressing paired with Escarpment Riesling 2011
- Black tiger prawn salad, Japanese pearl, watermelon marinated with basil and pink pepper paired with Escarpment Chardonnay 2011
- Beef fillet cooked in the pan, celeriac puree, confit shallots, red wine jus paired with Escarpment Kiwa Pinot Noir 2011
- Lemon meringue tart mille-feuille style, strawberry sherbet paired with Escarpment Hinemoa Riesling 2011
La Kaze, Constance Belle Mare Plage
Pegasus Bay wine dinner at La Kaze, Belle Mare Plage – Tuesday 17 September
- Crab meat and condiments, pumpkin mousse with curry leaves paired with Pegasus Bay Sauvignon Sémillon 2011
- Grilled jobfish fillet with fennel seeds, glazed baby vegetables and mussels with citrus salsa, saffroned matelote jus paired with Pegasus Bay Bel Canto Dry Riesling 2011
- Spit-roasted sucking pig, grilled vegetables tian with thyme-confit potato with roasted garlic rice paired with Pegasus Bay Pinot Noir 2010
- Roasted banana with muscovado sugar, coconut ‘dacquoise’, rum ice-cream paired with Main Divide Pokiri Late Picked Pinot Gris 2009
Ata Rengi wine dinner at Deer Hunter, Belle Mare Plage – Wednesday 18 September
- Mauritian canapés served with Ata Rangi Lismore Pinot Gris 2013
- Red tuna cannelloni with ‘Dandarangan’, olive oil, citrus salpicon with pink pepper, ‘Victoria’ pineapple jelly, crispy faratha paired with Ata Rangi Petrie Chardonnay 2011
- Braised beef cheek with Tasmanian pepper, potato purée with truffle oil, glazed turnip and carrot, blackcurrant jus paired with Ata Rangi Pinot Noir 2008
- Cheesecake with confit orange, passion fruit sherbet paired with Ata Rangi Kahu Botrytis Riesling 2013
Read more about this exciting wine event: Constance celebrates New Zealand Wines in Mauritius
Tempted to join the festivities?
Check late booking availability for both Constance Belle Mare Plage and Constance Le Prince Maurice.
We are excited to announce that Indian celebrity chef Sanjeev Kapoor will be visiting Constance Ephélia in October to create a gala lunch.
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor
Working with the Indian High Commission we have been able to tempt India’s most famous chef to the shores of the Seychelles to create a stunning Indian banquet for guests on Sunday 6 October.
Best Chef of India
Famous for his recipe books and television show, Chef Kapoor also has his own TV food channel, FoodFood.
Chef Kapoor has made it his life’s mission to keep the traditions of Indian cooking alive. As a result he has received many accolades including being named ‘Best Chef of India’ by the Indian government and representing the country at the 2012 World Association of Chefs Societies.
Chef Kapoor’s work in India and beyond
Chef Kapoor has also played an important role in improving cooking and hygiene standards across the developing world. He was Indian Ambassador for the United Nation’s Clean Cookstoves campaign, and continues to work empowering Indian women to start up their own businesses as well as fighting to improve food standards in schools.
Find out more
- Follow Chef Sanjeev Kapoor on his blog
- Get a comprehensive guide to cooking Indian food and a list of mouth-watering recipes at www.sanjeevkapoor.com
Book your holiday at Constance Ephélia
We’re very proud that Spa de Constance at Constance Le Prince Maurice has been recognised in the top 20 Overseas Hotel Spas category, in the coveted Conde Nast Traveller Readers’ Travel Awards.
Spa de Constance at Le Prince Maurice
The awards, now in their 16th year, celebrate the very best of the travel world as chosen by readers of Conde Nast Traveller.
Since it’s multi-million pound refurbishment last year, Constance Le Prince Maurice has become the must-book hotel on the island of Mauritius and is renowned for exceptional service and its intimate, luxurious atmosphere.
Offering Sisley treatments, classes led by fitness guru Isabelle Lamant, and Brice Nicham posture and podiatry treatments, the spa at Le Prince Maurice has been attracting international attention since the reopening.
Earlier this year, the UK’s The Times newspaper named the spa as one of their Top 50 places to go for a body and soul holiday.
Thank you to everyone who voted for us. We hope you can come back soon and enjoy another luxury holiday at Le Prince Maurice.
Visit our website to find out more about Le Prince Maurice and check booking availability
Scotsman Colin Montgomerie claimed his first win on the European Senior Tour as he stormed to a six-shot victory at the Travis Perkins plc Senior Masters.
Colin Montgomerie storms victorious at Senior Masters
Montgomerie only became eligible to play senior golf when he turned 50 in June this year, and his win at Woburn has come in just his seventh event.
Spain’s Miguel Angel Martin was runner-up along with Paul Wesselingh, who came in with a best of the week 66, on four under par.
Montgomerie’s win is proof that he will become a key player on the European Senior Tour after a hugely successful career on The European Tour, with 31 titles and eight Order of Merits.
More golf news
Our General Manager at Constance Halaveli, Renato W. Chizzola, is interviewed by luxury holiday experts, Destinology.
Constance Halaveli’s general Manager, Renato W. Chizzola
Originally from Austria, and having travelled to 165 destinations in the world, Renato talks about his role as General Manager of the luxury hotel in the Maldives, what and who inspires him, as well as tips on how to get an upgrade.
Read the full interview on the Destinology travel blog.
Find out more about Halaveli