Barefoot luxury is what Constance Moofushi Resort, Maldives is all about.
Alizee restaurant is serving simple, generously sized dishes made out of the best produce – in other words, ‘bare food’.
Stuart Blair, the executive chef at Moofushi, has brought back from his native Australia a very special recipe for spare ribs.
No cutlery is needed. At Moofushi, you’re given warm wet towels regularly during the meal to clean your hands.
Chef Stuart never shares his recipes with anyone. But he made an exception… just for you.
- 400g pork ribs
For the marinade:
- 220g soft brown sugar
- 70ml chilli sauce
- 120ml dark rum
- 60ml soy sauce
- 60ml tomato ketchup
- 60ml Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3g dry mustard
- Black pepper to taste
Vegetables to serve:
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 medium courgette, sliced
- 1 red pepper, cut into wedge shapes
- 6 Asparagus
- Cauliflower, a handful of the flowers
1. Clean and prepare the ribs.
2. For the marinade – combine all ingredients in a saucepan and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until all ingredients have dissolved. Cool and refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Marinate the pork ribs for 12 hours before cooking.
4. For the prepared vegetables – sprinkle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Chargrill until ready.
4. Chargrill the pork ribs until cooked through, and serve hot.
Let us know how you get on and send us your comments and pictures of your own spare ribs.