Last week saw the exciting visit of Marie Lapierre of Domaine Marcel Lapierre to Constance Le Prince Maurice and Constance Belle Mare Plage for a wine tasting evening and fine wine training event.
Wines from Marcel Lapierre
Marie was accompanied by her daughter Camille, and together they introduced us to their stunning reds from the Château Cambon and the Vin de France Raisin Gaulois 2012.
Marie explained to our team of Constance sommeliers how the Domaine vines have been cultivated organically since 1981, and about how the wines are made in carbonic maceration.
The wines are light and fruity and can be enjoyed with fish, chicken, goats cheese, charcuterie or as an aperitif. Guests joined our sommeliers to taste the wines and find out more about Domaine Marcel Lapierre.
Find out more about the wine evening: Marie Lapierre of Domaine Marcel Lapierre visits Mauritius
For more information
Discover more about the wines from the website: Domaine Marcel Lapierre
Visit Constance Le Prince Maurice and Constance Belle Mare Plage
Sommelier wine training with Marie Lapierre
Delores Malin tasting Morgon of Domaine Lapierre
At Constance Tsarabanjina, Madagascar you can enjoy fresh fish caught from the ocean in the same traditional way it has been for hundreds of years.
Local fisherman in his pirogue
One of the many delights you’ll discover on the remote Madagascan island of Tsarabanjina is watching the daily arrival of the local fishermen delivering their catch to our chefs.
The fishermen live on the neighbouring island of Mitsio, the only other inhabited island in the archipelago, and they travel and fish in traditional boats called pirogues.
The pirogues are hollowed out wooden boats powered by oars. It’s from here that the fishermen cast their nets into the waters around the archipelago. Following the catch they make the 3 to 4 hour journey to Tsarabanjina.
Fishing in pirogues has been a way of life in Madagascar for hundreds of years with fishermen teaching the family craft to their children, and passing their skills down through the generations.
We at Constance are proud to support such a long held tradition and our guests enjoy the freshest fish caught from just beyond our own shores.
Perfect for a weekend lunch with friends, try these Goan-style shrimp kebabs on the barbecue or cook under the grill.
Goan-style shrimp kebabs
- 8 large shrimp
- 8 lemongrass sticks
- 5g turmeric powder
- 10g cumin powder
- 10g garam masala
- 5g red chilli powder
- 30ml olive oil
- 30ml lemon juice
1. Peel the shrimp leaving only the tails, and store them.
2. Mix all the spices together.
3. Skewer the shrimp tails with the lemongrass sticks.
4. Sprinkle a little of the spice mixture over them and let them marinate in the fridge for three hours.
5. Mix the olive oil and lemon juice, them brush it over the shrimp tails
- 100g green papayas
- 30g onions
- 40g cucumbers
- 60g tomatoes
- 10g herb mix (fresh coriander, chives, etc.)
- 5g spice mix (green cardamom, cumin, coriander)
- 30ml lemon juice
- 4 poppadums
How to prepare
1. Peel the green papaya, cucumber and onion, cut them into julienne strips.
2. Wash the tomato, cut into quarters, remove its seeds and slice this too into julienne strips.
3. Mix the green papaya, onion, cucumber and tomato. Add lemon juice and the spice mixture. Stir well.
4. Toast the poppadums to make them crispy.
Cook the shrimp kebabs on a grill. Place the vegetable salad on plates, add a few sprigs of herbs and finish off with crispy poppadums.
Provide two kebabs per person.
Find out more
Visit our website to find out more about each of our 7 resorts in the Maldives, Mauritius, Seychelles and Madagascar - Constance Hotels & Resorts
If you love seafood, try another of our most popular recipes: Chicken & Prawn Curry in Coconut Milk
Guests at Ephélia will be savouring a fine dining treat at Cyann tomorrow evening with a menu based around the prestigious Château Angelus Premier Grand Cru Classé (A).
Cyann Restaurant, Constance Ephelia
Here’s a mouthwatering peak at tomorrow night’s menu:
- Chef’s canapés with Champagne
- An amuse bouche of sea scallop carpaccio with strawberry and basil accompanied by a Saint-Émillion Grand Cru Chateau Bellevue, 2010
- A starter of tomato mosaic with soya mustard dressing and espellette pepper served with a Saint-Émillion Grand Cru Chateau Bellevue, 2008
- Roasted red snapper with chorizo and porcini with a duck jus reduction also served with a Saint-Émillion Grand Cru Chateau Bellevue, 2008
- Grilled Australian beef with mash potatoes, chips and truffle sauce served with Saint-Émillion Grand Cru Classé B Chateau Angelus, 2007
- A cheese course of Brillat Savarin with mesclun and Chioggia beetroot with a coco and pink garlic dressing served with Saint-Émillion Grand Cru Classé B Chateau Angelus, 2005
- A trio of cherry surprise served with Eau de vie de Framboise
Find out more
Wine lovers are in for a treat in May at Constance Le Prince Maurice and Constance Belle Mare Plage.
Constance Le Prince Maurice, Mauritius
Throughout the month specially selected winemakers from the new and old world will be visiting Constance to host wine dinners which compliment the very best wines they produce.
10 May – Marianne Estates visit Constance Le Prince Maurice
Described as ‘South African wine with a French soul’. The Estate’s wines are grown on the foothills of the stunning Simonsberg region in South Africa under the guidance of Bordeaux expert and Frenchman Christian Dauriac. Alex Brodbeck of the Estate will introduce his wines to our guests at a special wine dinner.
17 & 18 May – Domaine Marcel Lapierre visit Constance Le Prince Maurice and Constance Belle Mare Plage
Marie Lapierre of Domaine Marcel Lapierre will host wine dinners at both resorts to introduce guests to its robust, organic Beaujolais wines. Grown in the heart of the Beaujolais region, the Domaine returned to traditional, fully-natural vine-growing techniques in 2005.
The wine producers have kindly agreed to take time during their stay with us to offer training and guidance to our team of expert sommeliers at both resorts.
Find out more
Visit the website Marianne Estates and read about Marianne Estates on the Schiller Wine blog.
Visit the website Domaine Marcel Lapierre
And read more about Constance Le Prince Maurice and Constance Belle Mare Plage, and check booking availability.
Savour one of the very finest French wines, with a menu designed to highlight it, in the luxurious surroundings of Constance Ephélia.
Constance Ephelia, Seychelles
Ephélia has announced a treat for wine-lovers and gastronomists with a week-long celebration of the Premier grand cru Château Angélus.
From 4-9 May the Seychelles resort will be hosting a ‘table d’hote’ menu around the celebrated Bordeaux wine.
Guests will be able to savour the subtle tones of the wine with a menu created by our head chef to bring out its rich, vibrant qualities.
Château Angélus is a Bordeaux from the Saint-Émilion appellation in the Gironde region. It has been ranked a Premier grand cru classé (A) since 2012.
Find out more