Constance Belle Mare Plage is an ideal family resort - offering plenty of space, 4 swimming pools, a paddle friendly beach and a great choice of family-friendly dining.
Kakoo Club, Constance Belle Mare Plage
With our special offer, one child under the age of 12 years goes free when sharing with adults in single or double Prestige Room, Junior or Deluxe Suite.
The offer is valid until 19 October 2011, with a minimum of 2 nights stay.
- Daily breakfast and dinner for adults and children
Find out more about this special deal for one child to stay free of charge at Constance Belle Mare Plage, including terms and conditions.
Last night of the proms - in the arena
Some 6000 people packed into the Royal Albert Hall, London on Saturday 10 September for the annual rousing finale of the Proms season.
BBC – proms
If you missed it, fear not. You can watch or listen to the last night of the proms, and much more, on the BBC website.
Blog from Phil Hall
Get the inside story from Phil Hall, the BBC Symphony Orchestra’s sub-principal viola player.
Guardian critic’s review
Find out what the critics thought of the night – Erica Jeal from the Guardian gives a detailed account of the night.
The sushi bar at Constance Ephelia Resort, Seychelles has been incredibly successful since it first opened.
Chef Federico Casupanan, sushi chef at Constance Ephelia Resort
Chef Federico Casupanan, a young and talented Filipino sushi chef trained by Japanese masters, didn’t want to do things the way you’d expect.
Along with Chef Denis Jean-Jacques, the brilliant chef of Cyann restaurant in the luxurious North Beachside of the resort, he created a Seychellois version of what he believes tropical sushi should be.
This selection has become a best-seller at Ephelia.
The sushi varies according to the fresh produce we receive, and the ideas of the chef.
Here are a few examples of what’s on the menu:
Tropical Seychellois sushi
- White capitaine fish sushi with coconut milk and lemongrass, a dash of sweet curry sauce.
- Yellowfin tuna nigiri with a spicy mango relish.
- Poached prawn with vindaye spice mix.
- Chef Federico’s crazy rolls with Creole crab salad, local avocado and homemade tangy tomato ketchup.
- The beautiful Seychellois bourgeois fish, as a nigiri with rougail reduction and grated green papaya.
Fresh, tasty and very colourful.
This weekly feature offers a round up of the content on our blog from the past week, in case you missed anything.
Split into categories, it’s another way for you to easily find the posts of value to you.
Want to create some of our chefs’ amazing dishes yourself at home? Every Friday, we post some of the most amazing, delicious and popular recipes online.
Spa and sport
L'Archipel restaurant at Le Prince Maurice
This curry risotto comes from the kitchens of Constance Le Prince Maurice. It makes a great mid-week recipe and is easy to prepare.
Take your time stirring the stock into the rice, and enjoy the gentle pace of risotto-making.
Preparation and cooking time: 40 minutes
- 1 shallot
- 140g risotto rice (arborio or carnaroli)
- 15cl dry white wine
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1tsp curry powder
- 3 curry leaves
- 1 sprig thyme
- 30cl chicken stock
- 20g butter + 20g for finishing
- 1 sprig coriander, chopped
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
1. Peel and finely chop the shallots. Sweat them for 2 minutes with the butter in a heavy saucepan. Add the rice, fry it for a few minutes until it whitens.
2. Add the white wine, boil down until dry.
3. Peel and chop the garlic. Add it to the rice with the curry powder, thyme and curry leaves.
4. Gradually add the chicken stock and cook for 18-20 minutes on low heat, stirring constantly. The rice should retain a slight crunch. Add remaining butter, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and chopped coriander. Correct seasoning and serve.
Win wine and perfume with Constance.
Have you taken any great photos of wild creatures recently?
If the animals are exciting, endangered, deadly or just plain weird looking – we want to see them.
The photos can be taken in the UK or overseas. And your creatures can be underwater, on land or in the air.
To enter, post them on our Constance Hotels Experience Facebook page and you could win our competition.
Winners will be chosen by us, so get creative. The wilder and weirder the better.
We’ll be choosing a winner on Friday 30 September. Read our competition Terms and Conditions before you enter.