Many travellers can be reticent about getting the most from a stay in a luxury 5 star hotel, according to travel writer Mark Hodson in the Huffington Post.
Hodson suggests that ordinary travellers need to understand that excellent high-end service is what you’re paying for when using 5 star hotels and travellers should not be timid about taking advantage of this.
Ways to improve your 5 star experience, according to the post, include:
- The concierge – Hodson describes the concierge as the pinnacle of service at a 5 star hotel. ‘The concierge is a highly-trained and well-connected fixer whose services are at your disposal.’ Available for everything from theatre ticket bookings (if you contact the concierge desk before you arrive) to restaurant reservations and bookings, the concierge is there to smooth out any difficulties, fix any problems and make your stay as pleasurable as possible.
- Get in touch before you arrive – ‘Once you’ve made your booking, contact the hotel to let staff know how they can make your stay more comfortable,’ advises Hodson. This can mean anything from ordering the perfect pillow to informing them what brand of tea you prefer in the morning.
- Butler service – Take advantage of butler service by having your butler unpack for you, they will also iron clothes and hang them for you if required. Hodson claims a personal butler will run any errand for you during your stay, much like an executive PA.
Read Mark Hodson’s full post on How to get the most out of a luxury hotel.
- Find out more about First class luxury service at Constance Hotels & Resorts
- Secluded hotels and resorts with passion
- Visit our website to find out about our 7 Constance Hotels and Resorts in the Indian Ocean