Guests at Constance Halaveli were recently treated to a visit from the Italian Michelin star chef Walter Ferretto.
Chef Walter Ferretto at Constance Halaveli
The world renowned chef took time out from cooking at his exclusive Il Cascinalenuovo restaurant in Piedmont, Italy to create a breath-taking culinary wine dinner and an Italian themed buffet night at Halaveli’s Jahaz restaurant.
At the wine dinner Chef Ferretto paired the finest Piedmont ingredients with some of Italy’s most exciting wines. The result was a gastronomic event which had guests literally gasping with excitement as each elegantly sophisticated dish was revealed.
The Piedmont region is famous for its exquisite truffles and it was around this delicious delicacy that Chef Ferretto created his unique menu for Halaveli guests.
- An amuse bouche of egg with black truffle – matched with a Veneto Prosecco, Balan Extra Dry, NV
- Ferretto’s signature dish of white onion with truffles – matched with a Veneto Chardonnay, Il Calto delle Fate, Il Filo delle Vigne, 2007
Roulade of grass-fed veal
- Tagliolini and white truffles – matched with a Vignetti in Rio Sordo, Casina Bruciata, 2010
- A roulade of grass-fed veal served with baby vegetables in a truffle jus – matched with a Vignetti in Rio Sordo, Casina Bruciata, 2006
- A Piedmont semi freddo with Manjari chocolate sauce and biscotti truffle – matched with a Cesare, Le Salette, 2006
At both the wine menu dinner and the Italian buffet the Italian chef shared his passion for food, meeting guests after the meal to share his love for food with them.
Highlights of the buffet menu included handmade pasta, gnocchi, aubergine and mint stuffed lamb roulade, whole roasted grass-fed veal racks, Italian cheeses, Serrano ham and salami with black summer truffles.
To find out more about Walter Ferretto and try your hand at some of his famous recipes visit the Il Cascinalenuovo website or find out more about holidays at Constance Halaveli, Maldives.
Enjoy these photos from Chef Walter Ferretto’s visit to Halaveli:
White onion with truffle, by Chef Walter Ferretto
Piedmont semi freddo with Manjari chocolate sauce and biscotti truffle
Chef Walter Ferretto and the team at Constance Halaveli, Maldives