Looking for a tasty appetiser to add a bit of pazazz to a festive dinner? Try this delicious and easy to make fish dish to bring a taste of the Maldives to your home this Christmas.
500g clean fillet of fresh white fish (firm flesh)
1 soup spoon of fresh passionfruit per person (scoop out the pulp and seeds from the shell)
20cl good extra virgin olive oil
juice of 1 small lime
chopped herbs to taste (mint, basil, flat parsley, coriander, chives)
small onion or shallot, thinly chopped
salt flakes and freshly ground pepper
chopped chilli to taste
1. Brush four flat plates with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt.
2. Cut the fish fillet into slices of approximately 3mm thick (don’t slice it too thinly so you can enjoy texture of fish). Lay the slices evenly on the 4 plates as you go.
3. Leave the plates in the fridge, and then prepare the dressing.
4. In a bowl, place the passionfruit pulp and seeds. Add lemon juice and onion to taste.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Mix together with a whisk, and add the olive oil slowly to the mix.
7. Check seasoning.
8. Add the fresh herbs to the marinade.
9. Spread the marinade evenly on the fish and leave it to marinate for 10 minutes at room temperature.
10. You can finish the dish with your choice of toppings such as small croutons, pomegranate, fresh tomato, toasted pine nuts, rocket, lambs lettuce… Enjoy!
Watch this instructional video for how to perfect your putting shot, with golf pro Vishnoo Seeneevassen, from the Marc Farry Golf Academy at the Legend Golf Course, Constance Belle Mare Plage, Mauritius.
Why not treat your family to a fabulous holiday at the 5* deluxe Constance Le Prince Maurice. One child under 12 years stays free of charge when sharing adults’ room in a single or double Junior Suite or Villa.
The offer is valid from 15 April – 20 October 2012, with a minimum of 2 nights stay. The package includes daily breakfast and dinner for adult and child.