Fabulous beaches at Constance Lemuria
Constance Lémuria has won 3 awards at this year’s World Travel Awards ceremony, held in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt.
Constance Lémuria was voted:
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Golf Resort (for the 4th year running)
- Seychelles’ Leading Resort
- Seychelles’ Leading Spa Resort (for the 2nd year running)
The World Travel Awards, now in their 18th year, are seen as the highest accolade that a travel product can earn. The awards have been described by the Wall Street Journal as the ‘Oscars of Travel and Tourism’.
Find more about the beautiful resort of Constance Lémuria:
Constance Ephelia spa villa
This weekly feature offers a round-up of the content on our blog from the past week, in case you missed anything.
Split into categories, it’s another way for you to easily find the posts of value to you.
Spa and sport
Here’s a wonderful beef tenderloin recipe from our kitchens at Constance Le Prince Maurice. It takes a little time to prepare but your efforts will be well rewarded.
Preparation time: 1 1/2 hours
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Freezing time: 2 hours
- 4 chunks of beef tenderloin, 160g each
For the chilli crust
- 4 cari chillies
- 60g breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp prepared horseradish
- 40g soft butter
For the garnish
- 1/4 head of Chinese cabbage
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch cumin seeds
- 2 Belgian endives
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 pinch powdered cinnamon
- 20cl green peppercorn sauce
- 20g butter
- salt and pepper
For the batter
- 75g flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- vegetable oil for deep frying
1. Make the chilli crust: cut the cari chillies in 2, remove the seeds and blanch the chillies for 1 minute in boiling salted water. Cool in iced water. Repeat once.
2. Setting aside 4 half-chillies for frying later, purée the remaining chillies in a blender, then mix them with the breadcrumbs, horseradish and butter. Shape this into a cylinder, about 4cm thick, wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate.
3. Cut the Chinese cabbage into large sticks. Blanch them in boiling salted water for 2 minutes, cool them in iced water, drain. Put them in a dish with the olive oil and cumin seeds. Add salt and pepper. Refrigerate.
4. Clean and halve the endives: brown them in the butter on both sides with the brown sugar and cinnamon for about 3 minutes. When they are nicely browned, set them aside and keep them warm.
5. Make the batter: separate the eggs. Mix the flour with 12.5cl water, the egg yolks, olive oil and some salt.
6. Heat the oil for frying to 180ºC.
7. Beat the egg whites until stiff and gently fold them in to the previous mixture shortly before frying the chillies. Dip the half-chillies into this batter and fry them until golden (about 5 minutes).
8. Pan-sear the tenderloins to your taste, slice the chilli crust into rounds and lay them over the tenderloins. Put under the grill until brown and sizzling.
9. On each plate, lay the Chinese cabbage in a lattice pattern, top with tenderloin, arrange the endive around and top each tenderloin with one chilli fritter. Serve with the heated peppercorn sauce.
You can purchase the Constance Prince Maurice recipe book from our online store - it includes 50 of our favourite recipes.
And don’t miss our article on how to buy and cook beef.
After the summer break, keep your skin glowing for longer with this easy beauty tip from Sophie Demaret, Spa Manager at Constance Le Prince Maurice.
To make your summer tan from your Mauritius trip last, I suggest you
combine delight and wellness with this home-made scrub recipe.
1. In a bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of coconut powder with a tablespoon of honey.
2. Apply to your face. Avoiding
the delicate area around your eyes, massage gently from the inside to the outside for 1 minute, then rinse in cold water.
3. Make sure not to forget your neck and cleavage.
4. Finally, apply your usual beauty products.
Fine dining at Blue Penny Cafe, Belle Mare Plage
Everywhere you look, you’ll find something to do with gastronomy – in the media, in the increasingly imaginative dishes available in our restaurants… as though the whole idea were something new.
In fact, it’s no more than a tradition in a constant state of renewal. It’s one that makes the most of France’s dynamism, the foods we produce, and what we do with them.
The Fête de la Gastronomie is first and foremost an event that celebrates generosity and conviviality. A time for people to get together.
Constance celebrates the Fête de la Gastronomie
La Spiaggia, Belle Mare Plage
As part of our special evening at our Constance Hotels Experience resorts in the Seychelles and Mauritius, our chefs will be presenting menus that celebrate the best of French cuisine and the fabulous local produce of the Indian Ocean.
Festival menu at Constance Belle Mare Plage
On 23 September, at Constance Belle Mare Plage, we’re presenting an incredible ’16 hands’ menu based on the best produce of the Indian Ocean, paired with wines from the Old World.
- The welcoming glass from Chef Sohan Singh.
- Crab from Madagascar… by Chef Marcelino, as at La Kaze – Madagascar crab jelly, crunchy salad with coriander.
- Local oyster… by Chef Fréderic Goisset, catch of the day of Blue Penny – warm oyster, creamy cauliflower and buds with curry, emulsified kafir lime-yuzu juice.
- Black Qwehli prawn… by Chef Chinnien, mist and colour of Indigo – black qwehli prawn, Curaçao dressing, polenta with curry leaves.
- Fish and dry shrimps… by Chef Sanjeev, delightfully garnished with Citronnelle – half-cooked dorado fillet, river shrimps chutney, saffroned emulsion.
- Palmheart by Chef Jocelyn, planted and harvested on the shores of la Spiaggia – braised heart of palm with spices, fish mayonnaise orange flavour.
- Braised venisson and noisette… by Chef Rajesh, deer hunter or Deer Hunter – venisson duo from our Chassée braised and roasted with local spices, preserved vegetables from our garden, chasseur sauce.
- Papaya… by our Chef Sylvano, our parents Heritage – papaya crumble with green lemon.
- Vanilla, banana and coconut… by our Chef Thierry, or Coco-Banane-Moelleux-Passionnément – biscuit creamy with coconut, banana compote with vanilla, and passion fruit emulsion.
Luxurious spa villa
At Constance Ephélia, guests can enjoy a luxurious at-home spa experience.
Take advantage of this special offer, and enjoy a €300 credit per day per spa villa for spa treatments. The offer is valid until 23 December 2011.
Features of our 10 spa villas include:
- a large hot tub which can accommodate two people
- steam shower
- dedicated double treatment room for customised massages
- spacious bedroom
- tranquil gazebo area
- living area and small library.
Find out more about this great spa villa offer at Constance Ephélia, including terms and conditions.